Sunday, October 9, 2011

Norwegian mutton and cabbage stew, Får-i-kål fall comfort food

Får i kål:D
This dish was someting I had to get used to, I have not been so very fond of the taste of mutton, but lamb has a milder taste and this dish is one of my husband and childrens favorites during fall.
For 8 people I used this 10 liter pot, coverd the bottom with meat, then a layer of cabbage, then meat again and cabbage and topped it of with meat and what I cabbage I had left over. For each layer I sprinkeled a few whole peppercorns.
I used 4 kilos of lamb and a big head of cabbage
Bring everything to a boil and lower the heat and let the stew simmer for atleast 4 hours, the meat should be so tender that it falls apart and almost melt in your mouth.
 Served this dish with boild potatoes and to drink beer and aquavite;)
Salt to taste
For Norwegian

For dessert we had calvados drenched appletars made with apples from the garden served with vanilla ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>