Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gaufre de Liege/Waffles from Liege(belgian waffles)

I fell in love with these waffles on a trip to Brussel in the mid 90, but living in Norway these waffles was not easy to get hold of and the only place I knew where to get them was in Brussels. On a road trip to France many years ago I made my husband take a detour to Brussel just to buy waffles and we ended up having to spend the night, you might say it was the most expencive waffels I have eaten.
 I remeber trying to find recipes on the internet and that was not easy, at that time there was not that many sites with recepies and blogs back then. I did find some recipes, but I have forgotten them by now after all my tryings and failings. After all my attempts I have manage to come up with a decent recipe

500 g flour
1,5  dl luke warm milk
25 g yeast
4 eggs
1/4 tsp salt
5 ss vanilla extract/sugar
150 g room temperatured butter
400 g sanding sugar
mix all the engredients exept for the butter and saning sugar
cover the dough and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
Then knead in the butter and the sanding sugar.
Divide the dough into about 100 g buns
Let the dough rest for another 15 minutes and bake in a preheated waffle iron for about 3 minutes.
If you like this type of waffles I recomend you try this recipe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>