Sunday, October 5, 2014

A small birthdayparty for MiniMe

MiniMes birthday today, she turned 7.
She has been looking forward to this day, to have a small birthday party with her siblings and her parents. Everybody together to celebrate her day.

Unfortunatly her mummy has been bussy sewing skirts and dresses for her, so I forgot to bake something for her birthdaybreakfast in bed.

The solution was to run over to the local cafe and buy a couple of pieces of cake before she woke up, they only had brownie and carrotcake.

Well I made it and woke her up with a birthday song, her favorite cereal and the cake.
These pictures are really taken as soon as she woke up, she did not even have time to brush her hair.
But since we were going to have a small celebration, we baked a few things, MiniMe wanted chocolate cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies.
Like many small children she wants to help out with the baking.
She is quite a little assistant in the kitchen, but unfortunatly she is just like her mum and makes a lot of mess. Between the two of us we can really bomb the kitchen :D
Finished baking and time to get dressed, she wanted to wear the dress I made for her, a silk dress with a tullskirt. 
While I was making this dress I felt a little like Maria in Sound of Music. Remeber the scene where she sings My favorite things in her bedroom and hold the curtains that becomes the childrens playclothes?
This dress is made of some curtain scraps I had laying around.
We decorated a little to make the party look nice and she did a few finishing touches on our cakes. The piñata is just for decoration today, we will use it later this week when she has her birthdayparty with all her friends.
In this picture I have tied a ribbon around her waist to give the dress a little extra, but I think it looks a little more chic without the ribbon and since I made the tulle skirt as a separate skirt she can wear it on top of the dress as well or without the tulle.
It is a little difficult explaining how i did this dress, I copied the the dress in the previous blogpost, but made it sleeveless. and for the tulle skirt I will post something soon:)
Here are som pictures of the snacks we made.
Chocolate chip cookies with chocolate flakes
Chocolate cupcakes with a Magnolia bakery type of frosting, with a little help from me she acctually did the swirls on these cupcakes.
A small hart shaped chocolate cake with rasberry frosting for mummy little cutie.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>