Saturday, December 14, 2013

How to make windows for gingerbread houses and other gingerbread projects

My oven is busted and while I contemplate what kind of oven I am going to get, I have come to the conclusion that I will not be making any houses this year.
Even though I won't be making any, I tought I'll show you how to make hard candy windows.



On the top picture I made a little lantern with candy windows, it is the same method for the houses.
Make the pattern you want and fill the gap with hard candy
Bake your cookies the same way you would bake them without candy.
When done remove them from the oven at let it cool down on the baking tray.
If you manage to brake any pieces, just put it back in the oven and the glas will fuse back together, the cookie it self you should reinforce with a little melted sugar.

Mount the pieces together and decorate

Here are some pictures of gingerbread projekts I have made the past two years.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>