Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tulip baking cups

I can see from visit on this blog that the baking cups are the most interesting:)
and since I got the idea, I have found easier way to make them and make them nicer.
When I say got the idea, I mean to make homemade ones, because tulip baking cups already existed, but here in Norway they are quite expensive, about $ 12.00 one pack from wilton and on-line they are $ 3.99
I have used origami paper and baking paper 15x15 cm or 6x6 inches and cut the origamipaper so they will have decorative edges.
Made folds as in the picture, not all the way through the middle, you can but I did not.
wraped it around my mold,  a cup the size of the indentations of my cup cake tray
then pressd the folds

and folded them to the side

at the bottom you vil have little corners by the folds sticking up that you need to press dovn.

I usually stack them togheter between to cups so to press them into shape
I also make some of bakingpaper
and put them togeter
for extra decoration I tie a string or a ribbon around it.
Hope the instructions are understandable.
Here are some other that I made :)
Earlier posts about home made baking cups Here and Here

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for figuring how to shape these. I have been wanting to try out the paper tulip baking cups for angel food cake cupcakes - a regular baking pan doesn't really work for angel food. I would agree that these paper baking cups are fairly expensive. I am definitley giving this a try. Thank you for sharing - great idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi
      Sorry did not see this comment until now.
      Hope your try went well and they turned out the way you wanted.
      Sincerely
      Liza

      Delete
  2. Most tulip muffin liners are square paper stuffed into the muffin tin!
    This is the professional/ origami version I am looking for!
    You are very clever.
    Thank you so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. o my god! you are so awesome! have searched sooo sooo much on google for these! and every dumb has just pressed square sheets inside muffin tins! looks gross that way. you are the only one who made the actual ones! :) thank you so much. i wish i could use something to stick those tulip petals so they dont open.. any suggestions other than pressing them to shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadia
      hank you for liking the post.
      Other than using ribbon or decorative tape, I do not really have any better idea how to keep the shape. You could use double sided tape, but I would use it only after baking the cupcakes on the other hand you do not bake the cupcakes in the decorative cups so you could just glue them together. If you like I can make a blogpost on how to that too.

      Sincerely
      Liza

      Delete
    2. oh i have eaten some bakery muffins and they seem to cook their muffins in tulip shape brown parchment wrappers. i am sure they cook inside them because muffins are found stuck with those wrappers..but those are easily available here in kuwait..so i thought i could make my own and cook my muffins inside them.. and about the tape, since they are made of plastic, will melt in the oven... anyway still a big thanks to make me know the secret behind these wrappers :D

      Delete
  4. Thank you for this! As others have said, you are the only one who has posted a method for doing these neatly and precisely. I wish I had these instructions a couple of weeks ago for cupcakes I was making for a wedding. I'm going to try doing them this way this weekend. I'd like to find a cup (or something) that fits the cupcake tin precision. That may be the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>