Monday, April 16, 2012

Fruit roll ups


I have not been able to find fruit roll ups in Norway, so when ever we are traveling I stack up on these sweets.


One day I was surfing on the net I came across this Norwegian blogger Fleksitarianerliv and she showed how to make fruit roll ups. Hers look alot nicer, mine are to thin, but they tasted good and you can see from my youngest smile she likes it. Next time I'll make them a little thiker.

When I read her blog, I thought this was a good idea, but the problem was I do not have a dehydretor or an oven that run as low as 140 degrees Farenheit, bummer:(
Yesterday I was looking at this drawer that we put in when we remodeled the kitchen, I was a little irritated "why did we put that in, we never use it" I said to my husband "don't look at me" was the ansver I got back.
If you are wondering what it is, it is a drawer to heat up plates and sausers befor serving, silly right.
Then I got this brilliant idea that I could use it as a dehydrateor.
I put a baking rack in the drawer so when I put my tray in with the pure it will not come in direct contact with the heat.
Then I did this

I soaked 
6 dried apricots 
drained and put them in a blender with
14 oz. berries( used 7 oz strawberries and 7 oz blueberries)
1 banana
 blended to a smooth pure and added
2 tbs chia seeds

I then poured it on a tray with bakingpaper and let it dry for about 1 hour on 140 degrees F, and turned it down to about 104 F. for the rest time between 7 to 10 hours.
after an hour it got a little darker because of the blueberries.
When it is finnished it is a little leathery and you can peel it fairly easy from the baking paper, cut it in to strips and store in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>