Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Soy based pudding


I suddenly got the craving for Taho a filipino drinck/dessert, this is one of my childhood memories from my trips to the Philippines, the pudding is called Douhua in chinese  which is more commonly used in savory dishes. My problem was that I did not have gypsum, so I tried to make itg with agar agar instead. The result was nice, but not as creamy as if I had used gypsum and it is a nice substitute for flan or caramel custard/pudding for people who are allergic to eggs or who are lactose intolerant.




I used
1 liter soymilk
Cook til it boils, make sure to stir all the time because it easily burns, then turn down the heat
mix
1 tbs agar agar powder, leveld spoon
125 dl water
in a small pot until it is all disolved and mixs it with the soymilk
pour the mixture in a bowl and let it cool

I made a thin syrup with

1 dl water
4 tbs palm sugar 
1/2 vannila bean
and a tiny bit molasses to get the caramel color


It is said that you should cut thin slices of the pudding
If you want you can also pour into small serving cups like this one where I made a chocolate version
I added some cocoa powder til it got the chocolate flavour I like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>