Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter in Fujairah


This easter we went on a trip to the The UAE and spent most of the time in Fujairah one of the seven emirates in the UAE
We happend to be there when the local womens college had a little project, they were to share and show the tourist their culture. I you wonder about the pictures and the faces I have posted, it is alright, I asked for permision.
I could not post pictures where the students would be recognized, but the children was fine to show of.


The children acted out a wedding cermony and feast and I was told that pretty girls wear hair head ornaments like  the girl on the top middle picture or did she mean that you became extra pretty. I feel sorry for the little one who is not found pretty enough to wear a golden headdress.
They also told me that the clothes they are wearing is typical clothing for traditional feasts and for the wealty of the region.
The bride and groom of the Day and some traditional trinkets.
One of the girls painted henna on us tourists and I am the one getting my hand painted on the left.
We were offered local coffee and it was different, thinner and tea like.
Underneath all the black they wear (abaya) their clothing is quite colorful-
We got to taste some local treats and I'll probably make a post about that soon.
Then we headed pool side and enjoyed the water and the fresh fruits that the hotel staff offered us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger.../a>